Weymouth Speed Week is the oldest and longest-running speed sailing event in the world. Held annually since 1972, it has challenged sailors of a wide variety of wind-powered craft to sail as fast as they can over a distance of 500m with their speed being recorded as the average speed over that distance.
Weymouth Speed Week commences Saturday 18th October and is hosted by the Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy. There's just about time to make those final few tweaks to your sailing craft now in preparation for sailing fast at the event. May the winds be with you.
Registration for competitors will open from 1st September. Make sure you are on the email list in order to receive all of the event information. See the sign-up panel at the bottom of this page.
- Bring your GT31 (if you have one) to registration. BEFORE the event save any existing data on the memory card and then format the card to start the event with a blank memory card.
- If you are hiring a GT31 bring a refundable £150 deposit; cheques should be made payable to “Weymouth Speed Week”.
- Collect your printed Event Guide, Event T Shirt, loaned Rash Vest, Car Park Tickets and complimentary Event Tickets and GT31 (if you hired one) .
- Check that the details we hold for you are correct.
- Open the back of your GT31, turn on your GT31 and select Navilink mode.
- Go to one of the “self service” laptops and follow the on-screen guidance. This will automatically check your GT31 settings, ensure it has a unique identifier and register your unit to the data that you entered previously on-line. The system will give you your personal event number which is also your tally band number.
- When you go on the water take your tally band and when you come off the water return your tally band.
If you are at the WPNSA on Friday 17th then come along from 4pm and register early.